2011-06-29

Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.

Great things are not done by impulse, but a series of small things brought together.

I dream of painting and then I paint my dream.

It is better to be high-spirited even though one makes more mistakes, than to be narrow-minded and all too prudent.

Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well.

I often think that the night is more alive and more richly colored than the day.

I wish they would only take me as I am.

The best way to know God is to love many things.


If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot paint," then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.


If I were to think of and dwell on disastrous possibilities, I could do nothing. I throw myself headlong into my work, and come up again with my studies; if the storm within gets too loud, I take a glass too much to stun myself.

- Vincent Van Gogh


... 그러고보니 고흐는 영어를 안 하지 않았던가..(..)

No comments:

Post a Comment